Since 1987, Living Faith Chapel has been establishing believers through encouragement, prayer and a strong family atmosphere.
We exist to passionately pursue the Lord Jesus Christ and advance His Kingdom on earth.
We are positioned to release the sounds of worship and prayer in Shippensburg, Pa. We are building and equipping believers to be firmly established in the word of God and to walk in the Power of the Holy Spirit. We encourage impacting their personal spheres and exporting the healing and life giving reality of Jesus. We emphasis unity not only in our immediate body but also as a local and global collective.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is our guidebook for life.
- We believe in the one true God, revealed and manifest in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who are equal in power and glory.
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts people of sin and brings spiritual rebirth to those who are genuinely repentant with a saving faith in Jesus Christ as Savior.
- We believe that every born-again believer is indwelled by the Holy Spirit and has the ability to receive the promise Jesus made to be baptized (empowered, anointed, filled) with the power of the Holy Spirit. This baptism is distinct from and subsequent to the new birth. With this endowment of power comes a bestowment of gifts, including speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Cor. 12:28).
- We believe that God has appointed in the church, Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists, Pastors and those with gifts of miracles, healing, helps, administration and various kinds of tongues. These gifts are available to all believers.
- We believe that salvation (redemption) is found only in Jesus Christ. (John 3:16-17 /John 5:21 / 1 Peter 3:18).
- We believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, and that any sexual activity outside of the union of marriage is sin. We chose to love people no matter their choice of sexual orientation, and hold fast to the Word of God's design, expecting believers to yield to the Word.
- We believe that man is made in the image of God. ( Gen. 1:28) Being primarily a spirit, created with a soul (mind, will and emotions), and lives in a body.
- We believe that there is a heaven and a hell, and that there is an eternal destiny for all men after physical death. We get to chose what we believe and where we spend our spiritual eternity.
- We believe that our ultimate purpose is to be one with God and bring His order of heaven to earth.